Don’t you hate it when you try so hard not to pop a pimple because you know it will leave you with an ugly scar but somehow it popped anyway? What is worse that once popped if we didn’t squeeze the life out of it… it will come back with a vengeance several days later and the cycle start again…by the end you will have this big ugly PIH (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation) that take months and months to disappear. Well I finally broke of that viscious cycle! I found my solution in Cosrx Acne Pimple Master Patch!
Here’s the description from Wishtrend:
+ Wound protecting Hydrocolloid Patch.
+ Low irritation, high coverage.
+ Emergency, Intensive, &
+ Wound protectant, KFDA approved
So what is it exactly?
Hydrocolloid is use in wound dressing. So the patch combines absorbent colloidal materials with adhesive elastomers to manage small amounts of wound exudate. The hydrocolloids in the patch will react with wound exudate (the pus when the pimple is popped, yuck!) to form a gel like covering. It will suck out all the pus so when the pimple dried a new one won’t pop up again!
How I use it: I like to clean the popped pimple very well and dry it with a cotton pad or air dry before I put the patch on.
Why I like it:
- The patch does stick really well onto your skin but doesn’t cause any damage to skin or irritation when peeling off. It came off pretty easily.
- It provide a barrier to keep the moisture in while your skin heal and stop any bacterial from entering. It also act as a cushion so if your wandering fingers keep touching it, it won’t cause further damage to the skin.
- Does a good job drying out the pimples.
A popped pimple is a wound…but in much smaller scale. So we should treat it like one. And ‘The ideal wound dressing should protect the wound, keep it moist and warm, remove exudate, promote healing, and reduce the risk of infection.’ CosrxAcne Pimple Patch meet this requirement in my book!
The package contains one sheet, which has 3 different circle patch sizes, totally 24 circle patches.
The patch worked best for me on popped pimple. It drained all the pus out and the redness usually gone within the week. You can put a new one on each day but I don’t. I only put on 2 days at the most. Once the pus is removed and the pimple is closed I don’t see the need to place a new one over it. I like to let the oxygen do it job and leave it alone to heal.
Results: *click the image for larger view*
Would I buy this again: Yes!! I highly recommend this. It has never failed me before. It sticks much better than the other brands that I tried .
Where to buy:
- I bought mine from wishtrend when I combine with other products to have free shipping. It cost $3.90 per sheet, so about ~16 cent per circle.
- You can also get it from Amazon. It’s a little more expensive but free shipping. $4.56 per sheet, about ~19 cent per circle.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.